Website The Walt Disney Company
About the job
Be a part of an innovative team and culture…
ABC Entertainment’s compelling programming includes “Grey’s Anatomy,” the longest-running medical drama in primetime television; ratings juggernaut “The Bachelor” franchise; riveting dramas “Big Sky,” “The Good Doctor,” “A Million Little Things,” “Queens,” “The Rookie” and “Station 19”; trailblazing comedies “Abbott Elementary,” “black-ish,” “The Conners,” “The Goldbergs,” “Home Economics” and “The Wonder Years,” ABC’s strongest comedy debut in two years; the popular Summer Fun & Games programming block, including “The $100,000 Pyramid,” “Celebrity Family Feud” and “Press Your Luck”; star-making sensation “American Idol”; “Judge Steve Harvey,” the network’s strongest unscripted series debut in a year; reality phenomenon “Shark Tank”; family favorites “America’s Funniest Home Videos,” “Celebrity Wheel of Fortune,” “The Chase,” “Dancing with the Stars,” “Holey Moley” and “To Tell the Truth”; “General Hospital,” which has aired for more than 55 years on the network; and late-night talk show “Jimmy Kimmel Live!”; as well as the critically acclaimed, Emmy® Award-winning “Live in Front of a Studio Audience” specials. The network also boasts some of television’s most prestigious awards shows, including “The Oscars®,” “The CMA Awards” and the “American Music Awards.”
ABC programming can also be viewed on demand and on Hulu.
A Day in the Life…
This internship provides a first-hand look at how the Current Programming department guides all current scripted series from the time the show is picked up through the entire run of the series. The Current department works closely with the writers and producers, as well as the studios that produce them, on the creative of each show. Current also functions as the liaison and champion for ABC’s current shows as we collaborate with other departments across the network, from Development to Marketing to Scheduling to Standards & Practices (to name just a few).
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Reading story areas/outlines/drafts, watching cuts in order to write (and revise as needed) coverage/summaries for weekly Current Report.
- Supporting Current Assistants, Coordinator and Manager with desk and phone coverage.
- Helping to create and maintain upkeep of departmental documents.
- Helping Current Assistants, Coordinator and Manager to create and maintain Executive-specific grids for tracking talent (writers, directors), which may include research on entertainment databases.
- Ad-hoc projects as requested by Current Executives, Coordinator and Assistants.
Basic Qualifications :
What we are looking for…
- Proven skills utilizing MS Office Suite: Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- A strong interest in scripted television specifically, and hunger to learn about network television in particular.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must be responsible, dependable, and organized with excellent communication/writing skills.
- Must be able to listen and take direction well, as well as be able to follow through independently with multiple projects once assigned.
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize assignments by importance and deadline.
- Junior or Senior-level standing college student, Graduate student, or a recent graduate.
- Previous internship or work experience within a related field, especially in a remote environment.
- Experience in covering phone lines and scheduling for executives and/or senior leadership.
- Knowledge of current series on ABC and other networks.
Required Education :
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class, or be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months at time of application, or be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program
Additional Information :
- At least 18 years of age
- Unrestricted work authorization
- Candidate must have the ability to provide own relocation, housing, and transportation. Position is located in Burbank, CA.
- The approximate dates of this internship are June through December/January
- Candidate must be available to work full time hours (approximately 40 hours per week) Monday through Friday 9:30am-6:30pm PST for the duration of the internship.
- Applicants must submit a resume and cover letter detailing their qualifications.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.