Website The Walt Disney Company
About the job
Be a part of an innovative team and culture…
National Geographic Documentary Films is committed to bringing the world premium, feature documentaries that cover timely, provocative, and globally relevant stories from the very best documentary filmmakers in the world. Our team handles all aspects of content management during each film’s life cycle from pitch through development, production, distribution, and awards. With 4-6 films per year, each piece of content receives a bespoke strategy that includes some combination of A-list festivals, a limited theatrical release, a robust awards campaign, impact initiatives and streaming.
A Day in the Life…
The internship will provide insight into all aspects of National Geographic’s Documentary Film business, including creative development, production, and distribution. The intern will gain insight into our key strategic initiatives on the content side through a combination of the responsibilities below:
- Watch internal cuts and provide timely and thorough feedback
- Watch competitor’s content and provide timely and thorough coverage
- Track and evaluate incoming submissions
- Help coordinate with film festivals and theatrical distributors
- Attend and take notes on production, strategy and distribution meetings
- Conduct research as needed
The intern will also have the opportunity to attend pitches, internal meetings, and National Geographic events.
Basic Qualifications :
What we are looking for…
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Adept at learning new software and systems
- Motivated and resourceful, with a can-do attitude
- A passion for the entertainment industry and a specific interest in the Nat Geo Documentary Films brand
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for documentary films
Required Education :
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class, or be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months at time of application, or be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program
Additional Information :
- At least 18 years of age
- Unrestricted work authorization
- Candidate must be available 20 hours/week to 3 days/week from June 6th through August 19th
- Candidate must be able to provide own relocation, housing, and transportation. Position is located in Los Angeles, CA
- Applicants must submit a resume and cover letter detailing their qualifications.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.