About the job
Travelport is a place of opportunity. It’s our incredible team that makes our company great – our people drive our winning culture.
Travelport is a worldwide travel retail platform. Our next-generation marketplace connects buyers and sellers that share our passion for delivering exceptional travel experiences. Unconflicted and independent, we are reinventing a simpler future for travel’s complex ecosystem.
What does a great Systems Administrator do?
A great Systems Administrator will take advantage of the opportunity of learning from and working alongside fellow technicians utilizing many of today’s industry leading software and hardware technology solutions. The Systems Administrator role is a great opportunity to build a solid technical foundation from which future career advancement opportunities can occur.
Provide 24/7 system maintenance and support for Travelport’s critical production environments through quick response, analysis, and resolution of system errors, alerts, and alarms. The Systems Administrator is also responsible for the successful implementation and verification of scheduled software/hardware changes assigned to the TSD.
While provided a very flexible and personalized schedule, candidates will be required to work both day and night shifts, including weekends and holidays, to meet minimum staffing requirements. Shifts are 12 hours with shift change occurring daily at 0730ET and 1930ET.
- Via Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) provide diagnostic support and incident resolution for issues impacting Travelport’s enterprise production systems.
- Implement and support routine utilities and scheduled maintenance activities.
- Document all actions and incident investigations into a Service Now incident record.
- Create and maintain Knowledge Management articles related to TSD Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in response to any change in process or procedure.
What we look for/who would prosper in this role?
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Development and Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Programming, or Data Analytics
- Minimum 1 year experience supporting either IBM mainframes, Windows/Linux servers, Cisco Managed Networks, or AWS / Microsoft Azure cloud environments
- A dependable, self-motivated individual who has an interest in enterprise technology solutions
- Team oriented individual who works well with others to deliver results under minimal supervision
- The successful candidate will possess a good work ethic with the ability to assess and prioritize competing workload drivers
- Proficient in technical writing, speaking, and problem solving
- Desire to step into a beginner role within the Technology organization, and through multiple opportunities, continuously grow individual talent and technical capabilities in many of today’s leading technology solutions.
Desirable Technical Capabilities:
- IBM Mainframe Support
- IBM Hardware Management Console (HMC)
- z/TPF or z/OS Mainframe Support
- CA Endeavor or ESP Scheduling
- Programming Languages: C/C++, REXX
- Server and Networking Technologies
- Microsoft Windows / Linux
- Cisco / Arista Networking
- F5 / AVI Load Balancers
- Cloud Technologies
- Amazon Web Services / Microsoft Azure
- OpenShift / Kubernetes
- Software Development / CICD
- Jenkins / Docker / GitHub
- Python, JSON, and Java
- Enterprise Monitoring and Operational Support Tools
- Service Now Ticketing Solutions (SNOW)
As we evolve and grow as a business, so will you.
You will thrive within an inclusive and diverse workplace where you are encouraged to think differently, and have the courage, confidence & ambition to challenge what’s been done before, and be bold to win!
Benefits Of Working At Travelport
We believe all employees contribute to the success of the company and should be able to share in that success, which is why all jobs are eligible to participate in our bonus program with any payouts being subject to individual and company performance. We offer a comprehensive benefit program that includes medical, dental, vision, disability, life, a competitive 401(k) match.
We make health and wellness a priority and offer a generous paid time off policy as well as contributing to our communities with an annual volunteer day off.
Salary Target: $50,000 – $65,000
The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty, and training.
Interested? We’d love for you to get in touch!
*Please note that if your application is progressed, you may be asked to complete a self-recorded video interview, at a time that works best for you. This is your chance to bring your skills & experience to life in your own words and style. Ensure you keep an eye on your junk folder just in case our invitation finds its way there.*
We are an equal opportunities employer and will consider all qualified applicants purely on their skills and abilities. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation, if needed.
Travelport is a worldwide travel retail platform. Our next-generation virtual marketplace connects travel buyers and travel sellers, that share our passion for delivering exceptional travel experiences.
Unconflicted and independent, we are re-inventing a simpler future for travel’s complex ecosystem.
Our platform gives the industry the power to help people see the world. We make it simple for businesses like airlines, hotels, and car rental companies to connect to agencies and travelers, through personalized and engaging content.
We are a diverse and inclusive workforce, representative of the communities and customers we serve. We are socially responsible, and we give back to our communities.
We encourage our people to think differently and have the courage, confidence, and ambition to challenge what has been done before.
Travelport is on a mission to make Travel easier and more rewarding for everyone.
Global Technology Services function is responsible ensuring security, quality, scalability and resiliency of all production services; architecting, planning, building and operating of the platform, supporting IT infrastructure and Enterprise Corporate Services across Travelport worldwide.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.