Blizzard QA is a close-knit team; we care about iteration, problem-solving, and succeeding as a group. We genuinely love what we do for a living and expect the same from everyone who joins us! If your career is ready for its next great challenge, get in touch and let’s get to work!
We are looking for an analytical advocate of quality. As a Test Analyst, you will contribute to the testing efforts by generating test documentation, providing early feedback to shape the product, and executing test cases. Your critical thinking skills and passion for improving our processes will give gamers the best experiences in the arena.
The concept of “Blizzard polish,” that is, the infinite care and loving detail put into every aspect of our games, is something we take seriously and pride ourselves on delivering to our players. It’s a responsibility shared across the company – and its undisputed heart and soul is Blizzard Entertainment Quality Assurance (QA). We’re searching for like-minded folks with a passion for QA to help us continue to deliver unforgettable gaming experiences for years to come.
- Help others develop appropriate knowledge and skills through training and constructive feedback.
- Advocate of the user experience through delivery of qualitative reporting..
- Deliver test design, test execution, test library maintenance, and test closure results through both manual and automated Grey-box test approaches.
- Represent Blizzard through public-facing quality assurance activities.
- Be a creative thinker who can quickly and thoroughly identify and test for ‘edge cases’ outside of expected functionality.
- Use appropriate measures and KPIs to validate and report on software quality.
- Research, recommend, and adopt tools as needed with the goal of increasing test coverage through automation.
- Ensure deployment stability across all environments.
- Responsible for adhering to department SLAs within project management (i.e. JIRA) and test related tools (i.e. TestRail)
- Other duties as assigned.
- Develop test plans with a strategic selection of test methodologies, including but not limited to data validation, regression testing, integration testing, and performance/load testing.
- Partner with other developers in the creation of requirements so that they can be eﬀectively tested.
- Thorough understanding of SDLC, speciﬁcally QA processes in agile and waterfall development environments.
- Passion for games and software quality.
- ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation Level (CTFL) or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field (or ~3 years of equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 3 years’ experience in software testing.
- Proven ability to analyze, interpret, and action on data sets and complex workflows.
- Experience with game engines, content and asset editors, and shared technologies.
To apply for this job please visit careers.blizzard.com.