Want to research and develop improvements to the core algorithms such as recommendations and search that power the Netflix experience that over 193+ million members worldwide see each time they log in? Our Algorithms Engineering team is looking for passionate and talented applied machine learning experts to lead the way by researching and developing the next generation of algorithms used to drive the Netflix experience. This spans central areas of our product including how we approach recommendation systems (e.g. ranking, page generation), personalization (e.g. evidence, search, messaging, marketing), media assets generation and optimizing Netflix-wide systems & infrastructure.
- 5+ years of research experience with a track record of delivering quality results
- Expertise in machine learning spanning supervised and unsupervised learning methods
- Experience in successfully applying machine learning to real-world problems
- Strong mathematical skills with knowledge of statistical methods
- Strong software development experience in languages such as Scala, Java, Python, C++ or C#
- Great interpersonal skills
- PhD or MS in Computer Science, Statistics, or related field
- Experience in Recommendation Systems, Personalization, Search, Computational Advertising, Natural Language Processing or Computer Vision
- Experience using Deep Learning, Bandits, Probabilistic Graphical Models, or Reinforcement Learning in real applications
- Experience in optimization algorithms and numerical computation
- Experience with Spark, TensorFlow, Keras, and PyTorch
- Experience with cloud computing platforms and large web-scale distributed systems
- Open source contributions
To apply for this job please visit jobs.netflix.com.