As the Senior Manager, Inclusive Game Design, you will design, implement, and govern processes and solutions to bridge the gap between access barriers and help create processes that enable our Game Developer Teams to create more innovative, inclusive experiences for our players. You will work across business units and game teams at Activision, Blizzard, and King to empower processes and people to deliver more inclusive outcomes in our games and will be closely embedded with individual game teams and developers to educate, influence, and execute thoughtful, authentic change towards inclusive game design. The ideal candidate will be passionate about accessibility and diverse representation in games, have a highly collaborative mindset, and will display knowledge of inclusive game design
- Oversee inclusive game design workshops and craft documents that outline the requirements, design parameters and standards, and testing considerations to be integrated into the game development lifecycle.
- Partner with Studio Leads, Designers, Artists, UI/UX, and Engineers to create a process to embed inclusive game design into the game development lifecycle
- Partner with Legal to provide teams with guidance about standards, requirements, and legal risk.
- Lead accessibility audits of UX designs and create and maintain ownership of an Accessibility Playbook.
- Develop roadmaps for the integration of inclusive design to become a foundational step in the game design process.
- Monitor industry trends in representation and accessibility to stay aware of best practices.
- Identify and partner with vendors, content creators and gamers from diverse background to help influence game design.
- Provide coaching to teams on compliance standards, inclusive design, and accessible game play..
- Direct overall strategy for game accessibility and diverse representation in Activision, Blizzard and King games.
- Experience owning program strategy, end to end delivery, and communicating results to senior leadership.
- Demonstrated success navigating complex organizations and ability to influence a wide range of diverse audiences.
- Understanding of existing gaming products and franchises of the company is helpful.
- A bias toward action and creative problem solving in a fast-paced environment.
- 3 years of experience in accessibility, user research, UX design, or related experience with a focus on inclusive products.
- Familiarity with video game or software production processes, game accessibility best practices and available resources in the industry.
- Basic knowledge of accessibility regulations globally (e.g. ADA, CVAA) and how they apply to games.
- 7+ years in gaming, entertainment, or digital technology.
- Knowledge of diverse character design and awareness of best practices and trends.
- Strong project/program management, with the demonstrated ability to manage multiple, complex and global programs, including project design and implementation, stakeholder management, and budget management.
To apply for this job please visit careers.blizzard.com.