About the job
The Manager, Physical Security Applications will be part of the team that oversees Netflix’s enterprise-wide physical security systems. You will focus on the “back end” of our technology and will ensure our system architecture and integrations are compliant and scalable, manage software uptime and resiliency through QA/QC/patching, service and maintenance, and select and deploy best-in-class security technology offerings.
We are looking for a people person who is technical, articulate, able to juggle multiple projects, and ready to take on a Netflix-sized challenge with a wide scope in a dynamic role. This position will report to the Manager, Security Technology Integrations, and will be based in either Los Gatos or Los Angeles, CA. Read our culture memo to learn more about how we work at Netflix.
- Manage and report on complex security operations technology initiatives through all phases of the project management lifecycle in collaboration with global teams
- Develop and maintain high standards regarding system design per baselines, R&D, lab testing, configuration, operations, maintenance and QA/QC
- Collaborate with business partners in Engineering functions (InfoSec, Data Privacy, Network Engr, Corp Engr) to ensure our systems work well in Netflix’s IT ecosystem
- Support the development of a technology roadmap in alignment with department goals and objectives
- Develop and track metrics to capture the impact of the technology baselines.
- Collaborate with business partners to develop a project intake process to track security technology impact outside of baselines.
- Oversee daily operations, usage, and maintenance of software in partnership with team members who oversee hardware break/fix/maintenance
- Build and maintain a software service program to get ahead of (and minimize) system outages; manage KPIs and metrics to ensure system health is tracked appropriately
- Advise partner team members on technologies to consider for security design & deployments and other verticals regarding security technology capabilities
- Clearly communicate program updates and information to the team, stakeholders, and employees
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, or related field with at least 8 years of experience with increasing scope, responsibility, and complexity at a multinational company
- Comfortable leading global cross-functional initiatives and collaborating with cross-functional stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to manage both full-time employees and VARs/vendors
- Solid understanding of network architecture and information security principles
- Entertainment and/or tech industry experience strongly preferred
- Comfortable with a fast pace and constant change
- Willingness to run lean with a DIY mentality, take educated risks and think out of the box
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.