About the job
New ideas are all around us, but only a few will change the world. That’s our focus at JPL. We ask the biggest questions, then search the universe for answers—literally. We build upon ideas that have guided generations, then share our discoveries to inspire generations to come. Your mission—your opportunity—is to seek out the answers that bring us one step closer. If you’re driven to discover, create, and inspire something that lasts a lifetime and beyond, you’re ready for JPL.
Located in Pasadena, California, JPL has a campus-like environment situated on 177 acres in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains and offers a work environment unlike any other: we inspire passion, foster innovation, build collaboration, and reward excellence.
Business Intelligence and Analytics Dashboards Intern (previous R83)
This intern will have the opportunity to gain hands on experience and contribute in the following ways:
- Creating division-level dashboards and reports to showcase application and project portfolio metrics.
- Identifying and automating application lifecycle triggers to feed into the project pipeline.
- Developing a consolidated project and application tracking and forecasting calendar.
- Documentation of project management processes and how-to guides on PMO practices.
- Exploring relationships and interactions between application and project lifecycles.
- Helping to maintain application and project records and forecasts which will inform divisional decision making and prioritization.
- Report and dashboard creation experience
- PowerBI, MS Project Server, JIRA, and SharePoint are helpful, as these are in our current toolset
- Knowledge of query languages preferred: SQL, Microsoft Power Query, etc.
- Knowledge of application and project lifecycles
- Knowledge of project management methodologies (e.g.: waterfall, Agile)
- Ability to look at existing report examples and determine how to customize/adapt to new requests.
- A creative mind set and willingness to offer improvements and suggestion.
- Strong written communication skills
- Good critical thinking and troubleshooting skills.
- Enrolled in a Bachelor degree program at a 4-year college or university majoring in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related subject.
- Be available for full-time work for a minimum of 8 weeks.
- Have a minimum 3.0 out of a 4.0 cumulative GPA.
JPL is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, protected military or veteran status or any other characteristic or condition protected by Federal, state or local law.
In addition, JPL is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
EEO is the Law.
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
The Jet Propulsion Laboratory is a federal facility. Due to rules imposed by NASA, JPL will not accept applications from citizens of designated countries or those born in a designated country unless they are Legal Permanent Residents of the U.S or have other protected status under 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3). The Designated Countries List is available here.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.