Website The Walt Disney Company
About the job
Be a part of an innovative team and culture…
The Publicity intern will be an integral part of the LA publicity department at Searchlight supporting the department for all film, TV and streaming releases. They will provide on the ground support at a multitude of events including screenings, premieres and junkets as needed. They will be especially helpful in handling special projects and administrative duties.
We want to provide interns with an enriching experience that gains them an understanding of the role of publicity in a film campaign, as well as help them develop excellent administrative skills and a background in how different departments function within a studio. We are a very welcoming team and want the intern to be a part of the Searchlight family!
- Tracking daily breaks, news, and trends (newspapers, trades, magazines, online, socials)
- Managing department charts and documents
- Assisting publicists with research projects
- Setting up Zoom meetings and facilitating Q&A Webinar recordings
- Assist in creating press eblasts
- Prepping materials and participating in weekly meetings
- Working at screenings, premieres, junkets and press days
Basic Qualifications :
What we are looking for…
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs – Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Photoshop
- Ability to multitask and maintain attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- Can work independently
- Eager to learn
- Prior internship experience in film, publicity, marketing or other related fields preferred
- Passionate about film, specifically independent film
Required Education :
At the time of application, must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
Additional Information :
- Possess unrestricted work authorization
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session.
- Be able to provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship in the Los Angeles area.
- Be available from May/June through August 2022
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.