Website The Walt Disney Company
About the job
Be a part of an innovative team and culture…
Freeform connects to audiences with bold original programming and immersive social engagement that moves the cultural conversation a little forward. We channel the force and momentum of our young adult audience in its quest for progress with authentic, groundbreaking original series such as “Cruel Summer”, “grown-ish”, “Good Trouble”, “Motherland: Fort Salem”, and “Single Drunk Female”. The network also programs tentpole holiday events such as “31 Nights of Halloween” and “25 Days of Christmas”.
Interning with Freeform Original Programming provides you the opportunity to gain exposure and contribute to three areas of television – Development, Current Series, and Unscripted. We consider our interns to be members of the team where you are able to :
- Provide your unique perspective as part of our network’s core demographic.
- Contribute to exciting projects, both creative and administrative.
- Aid assistants and executives in order to reduce daily challenges.
A Day in the Life…
We seek self-motivated candidates who are organized, passionate, and eager to gain a greater understanding of the inner-working of a cable/streaming television network. A day on the job may include:
- Reading material submissions efficiently and thoughtfully.
- Learning to write or relay informative coverage to assess materials for series development or staffing.
- Assisting with organizational duties, including handling confidential scripts.
- Independently managing research and trendspotting projects.
- Networking and building relationships with television executives across functions/departments.
- Shadowing meetings, pitches, notes calls, and table reads remotely via Zoom.
Basic Qualifications :
What we are looking for…
- Undergraduate students in their Junior or Senior years.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint), G-Suite, and Zoom.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and be a self-starter.
- Exceptional phone, email, and interpersonal etiquette.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- An understanding and excitement for Freeform’s brand ethos and original programming.
- Passion and desire to build a career in the television industry, preferably at a network or studio.
Required Education :
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class, or be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months at time of application, or be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program
Additional Information :
- This internship is a remote internship. The internship requires a working, reliable internet connection as well as a quiet, dedicated work space during the hours of 10am – 6:30pm.
- The approximate dates of this internship are June through December 2022.
- Candidate must be available to establish a consistent, reliable work schedule (either part-time or full-time, minimum 24 hours per week) for the duration of the internship, to be agreed upon before the start of the session.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.