Website The Walt Disney Company
About the job
A Day in the Life…
The development intern is an integral part of the Searchlight team in evaluating incoming submissions and developing our current slate. We are a small team, so the intern will be especially helpful in handling special projects and administrative duties. The hands-on role will offer exposure to the film industry and the development process at one of the leading studios.
- Collecting and distributing a daily newsletter (relevant news and daily trends)
- Reading incoming project submissions and providing feedback
- Reading project drafts and providing feedback
- Compiling lists of writers, directors and cast for various projects
- Participating in industry or project related research projects
Basic Qualifications :
What you bring to the role…
- Candidates should have a general interest in film and the entertainment industry
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to multitask and maintain attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently
- Desire to gain development experience to further their career
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Knowledge and interest in Searchlight Pictures are a plus!
- Prior internship experience in film development and production or other related fields preferred.
- Working towards a degree in Film, Screenwriting, Producing, or Directing preferred.
Required Education :
At the time of application, must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
Additional Information :
- Possess unrestricted work authorization
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session.
- Be able to provide their own housing and transportation in the Los Angeles area for the duration of the internship.
- Be available from May/June through August 2022, full time availability
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.