At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) is seeking a mid-level Guidance Navigation and Control (GN&C) Engineer to join Boeing in the St. Louis, MO area.
The selected candidate will work on an exciting proprietary program that is growing rapidly. You will have the opportunity to be involved from the beginning of the design cycle and personally contribute to the development of a next-generation platform in the form of state of the art GN&C control system development, performance analysis and simulations. In addition, there will be visibility across the Boeing enterprise into modern GN&C and simulation development methods.
- Define Guidance, Navigation and Control (GN&C), mission requirements and ensure requirements traceability and quality from the system level to component level
- Utilize multidisciplinary model data (aero, mass properties, propulsion, etc.) to develop and refine a complex, nonlinear, 6 degrees of freedom simulation model
- Design flight control laws using modern linear control design techniques and tools to achieve design and performance targets
- Utilize advanced nonlinear analysis to assess and refine the control law design
- Perform model validation against test data to inform and refine the accuracy of the simulation environment
- Develop supplementary controllers, limiters, mode logic, and signal shaping to properly bound the performance within all areas flight envelope
- Work with flight simulation and Vehicle Management Systems (VMS) software engineers to incorporate control laws into the operational flight program
- Bachelor’s, Master’s or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- 5+ years of experience in an engineering related role (3+ with a Master’s degree).
- 3+ years of experience in Guidance, Navigation & Controls (GN&C) engineering
- 2+ years of experience using Matlab/Simulink or MatrixX to model systems
- Experience with simulation, system and component modeling
- Experience with implementing algorithms in real time systems
- Hardware in the Loop Simulator (HILS) experience
To apply for this job please visit jobs.boeing.com.