About the job
Are you interested in Supply Chain? In the art and science of “getting the right thing to the right place at the right time”? Do you want to help deliver vital equipment/material to the Facebook infrastructure sites so we can stay connected to our users? Are you interested in producing automated systems that address complex demand planning and fulfillment problems at scale? If yes, we want to talk to you. Our Infrastructure Business Operations Support (IBOS) team works closely with Sourcing managers, Hardware Engineering, Quality & Fleet Reliability, Capacity Planning, Suppliers/ODMs, and downstream field operators to ensure that our data centers and other key sites have the Materials they need to keep the lights on for Facebook services. This role will work on opportunities around inventory management, material planning & Fulfillment, Storage & Distribution, stakeholder engagement and metrics. Through this opportunity, you will see a direct link between your work, company growth, and user satisfaction. You will work with some of the brightest minds in the industry, and you’ll have the opportunity to solve challenging Supply Chain problems in a dynamic and rapidly growing system.
Logistics and Materials Management Intern Responsibilities:
- Develop, standardize, and improve operational and systems supply chain processes.
- Work with your team to identify process gaps and inefficiencies, following through with central teams to raise visibility and develop solutions.
- Seek opportunities for introducing cutting-edge technology and automation solutions that are effective, efficient and scalable in order to improve supply chain operations.
- Manage and analyze data to produce business performance metrics and KPIs.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners on day to day operations.
- Prioritize, organize, and report on internship project progress and provide requested deliverables at the completion of your internship.
- Must obtain work authorization in the country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, an Bachelors or Masters degree in Logistics & Supply Chain Management, Business, and/or Data Analytics
- Strong skills in as-is/to-be business process mapping, gap analysis, requirements elicitation and data analytics.
- Strong communication skills, problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and collaboration skills.
- Quick learner, positive attitude, and focused on customer service.
- Intent to return to degree-program after the completion of the internship/co-op.
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, an MBA degree in Logistics & Supply Chain Management, Business, and/or Data Analytics
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.