Website The Walt Disney Company
About the job
Be a part of an innovative team and culture…
ABC Entertainment’s compelling programming includes “Grey’s Anatomy,” the longest-running medical drama in primetime television; ratings juggernaut “The Bachelor” franchise; riveting dramas “Big Sky,” “The Good Doctor,” “A Million Little Things,” “Queens,” “The Rookie” and “Station 19”; trailblazing comedies “Abbott Elementary,” “black-ish,” “The Conners,” “The Goldbergs,” “Home Economics” and “The Wonder Years,” ABC’s strongest comedy debut in two years; the popular Summer Fun & Games programming block, including “The $100,000 Pyramid,” “Celebrity Family Feud” and “Press Your Luck”; star-making sensation “American Idol”; “Judge Steve Harvey,” the network’s strongest unscripted series debut in a year; reality phenomenon “Shark Tank”; family favorites “America’s Funniest Home Videos,” “Celebrity Wheel of Fortune,” “The Chase,” “Dancing with the Stars,” “Holey Moley” and “To Tell the Truth”; “General Hospital,” which has aired for more than 55 years on the network; and late-night talk show “Jimmy Kimmel Live!”; as well as the critically acclaimed, Emmy® Award-winning “Live in Front of a Studio Audience” specials. The network also boasts some of television’s most prestigious awards shows, including “The Oscars®,” “The CMA Awards” and the “American Music Awards.”
The ABC Entertainment Drama Development team oversees all primetime scripted drama series development.
A Day in the Life…
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supporting Assistants with production grids, project tracking, calendar invites, checking and tracking calls/voicemails, Zoom setups and general daily administrative tasks.
- Supporting the Coordinator in various administrative tasks and project tracking.
- Reading scripts, writing coverage and engaging in/consuming and tracking various forms of media that could be of interest to the development team, including but not limited to podcasts, television series, movies, novels, comic books, web series, social media personalities, etc.
- Distribution of various documents and media internally.
- Other tasks as necessary and to be determined.
Basic Qualifications :
What we are looking for…
- Proven skills utilizing Google Suite and MS Office Suite, including Google Drive, Google Sheets, Google Docs, Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Strong interest in Television and the Entertainment Industry.
- Previous internship experience within a related field.
- An interest in scripted television and hunger to learn about network television.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Responsible, dependable, and organized with excellent communication/writing skills.
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize assignments by deadline.
- Senior or a recent graduate within 6 months of graduation date preferred.
- Experience in covering phone lines for executives and/or senior leadership.
- Knowledge of current series on ABC and other networks.
Required Education :
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class, or be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months at time of application, or be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program.
Additional Information :
- All candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
- All candidates must be at least 18 years old.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- All candidates must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship. Position is located in Burbank, CA.
- All candidates must be available from June through December/January.
- All candidates must be willing to work 40 hours/week, Monday through Friday 9am to 6pm PST.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.