Website The Walt Disney Company
About the job
Be a part of an innovative team and culture…
The ABC Entertainment Casting Department is responsible for overseeing the casting process for all scripted primetime television shows currently on ABC.
Team values include:
- Creating a supportive team environment where each member feels comfortable sharing opinions and thoughts.
- Finding new ways to approach challenging situations and problem solving.
- Pushing each other to do better and think outside the box.
A Day in the Life…
As an intern with the Casting team, you will assist with the day-to-day responsibilities of the busy network casting department:
- Become a member of a smart, fun, and collaborative team.
- Assist the department in finding up and coming talent.
- Help find new and creative ways to work together with an eye toward quality and efficiency
Your role may include:
- Assisting in reviewing the casting materials of current and future actors for demo reels.
- Providing support with basic editing for demo reels and other items, using iMovie.
- Supporting current Assistants and Coordinator with light desk and phone coverage.
- Assisting in compiling documents, memos and light scheduling.
- Supporting various talent initiatives such as Actor Audition Workshops and Talent Showcase, with various tasks including scheduling talent auditions, curating lists, and overall general office support.
Basic Qualifications :
What we are looking for…
- Proven skills utilizing Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- A high attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- A familiarity with online short-form media and like genres
- A demonstrated proficiency with both Mac and PC operating systems
- A strong interest in Television and the Entertainment Industry
- Previous experience in entertainment and casting
- Undergraduate students in their Junior or Senior year, or a recent graduate (applying within six months of graduation)
- Proficiency with iMovie/iDVD/Final Cut Pro/Adobe Premiere
Required Education :
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class, or be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months at time of application, or be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program
Additional Information :
- At least 18 years of age
- Unrestricted work authorization
- Ability to provide own relocation, housing and transportation. Position is located in Burbank, CA.
- The approximate dates of this internship are June to December.
- Candidate must be available to work full time hours (approximately 40 hours per week) for the duration of the internship
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.