Website The Walt Disney Company
About the job
Be a part of an innovative team and culture…
The ABC Signature Casting Department is responsible for overseeing the casting process for all scripted television shows currently in development and production for the studio.
Team values include:
- Creating a supportive team environment where each member feels comfortable sharing opinions and thoughts.
- Finding new ways to approach challenging situations and problem solving.
- Pushing each other to do better and think outside the box.
A Day in the Life…
As an intern with the Casting team, you will assist with the day-to-day responsibilities of the busy studio casting department:
- Become a member of a smart, fun, and collaborative team.
- Assist the department in identifying and casting emerging talent.
- Help find new and creative ways to work together with an eye toward quality and efficiency
- The ABC Signature Casting team seeks a self-motivated candidate who is curious, embraces innovation, has a strong desire to learn, grow, and help drive diversity, equity, and inclusion priorities around market, culture, and people.
Your role may include:
- Liaising with talent representatives regarding actor availability and material for casting consideration.
- Supporting department team members in desk and phone coverage.
- Assisting in compiling grids/charts, documents, memos and scheduling.
Basic Qualifications :
What we are looking for…
- Proven skills utilizing Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- A high attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- A demonstrated proficiency with both Mac and PC operating systems
- A strong interest in Television and the Entertainment Industry
- Previous experience in entertainment and casting
- Senior or recent graduate within six months preferred
Required Education :
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class, or be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months at time of application, or be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program.
Additional Information :
- All candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
- All candidates must be at least 18 years old.
- All candidates must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session.
- All candidates must provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship. Position is located in Burbank, CA.
- The approximate dates of this internship are June through December/January.
- Candidate must be available to work full-time hours (approximately 40 hours per week) for the duration of the internship.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.