About the job
Note: By applying to this position, your application will be considered for all locations we hire for in the United States including but not limited to: Seattle/Bellevue, WA; Nashville, TN; Austin, TX; Greater Bay Area, CA; DC Metro Area; Denver, CO; Detroit, MI; Greater Boston Area, MA; Greater Denver Area, CO; Greater Los Angeles Area, CA; Greater New York Area; Irvine, CA; Madison, WI; Minneapolis, MN; Phoenix, AZ; Portland, OR; San Diego, CA.
Do you enjoy translating data into actionable insights? Are you excited by the opportunity to troubleshoot features and products at the world’s most customer-centric company? Are you passionate about mining data, developing models, using statistical and visualization techniques, and helping leaders make data-driven decisions? Do you want to be a part of a fast-paced, ambiguous environment and contribute to one of the most visited sites on the Internet?
If this describes you, consider joining us as an intern in the summer of 2022. Amazon is looking for a business intelligence engineer intern to join one of our many lines of business. Amazon interns have the opportunity to work alongside the industry’s brightest engineers who innovate everyday on behalf of our customers. You will be matched to a manager and a mentor. You will have the opportunity to impact the evolution of Amazon technology as well as lead mission-critical projects early in your career. Your work will contribute to solving some of the most complex technical challenges in the company.
In addition to working on an impactful project, you will have the opportunity to engage with Amazonians for both personal and professional development, expand your network, and participate in fun activities with other interns throughout the summer. No matter the location of your internship, we give you the tools to own your summer and learn in a real world setting.
Come chart your own path at Amazon.
Amazon internships are full-time (40 hours/week) for 12 consecutive weeks with start dates in May – July 2022. Applicants should have at a minimum one quarter/semester remaining after their internship concludes.
As a business intelligence engineer intern, you will/may:
- Build small- to mid-size business intelligence (BI) solutions – data sets, queries, reports, dashboards, analyses – or components of larger solutions to answer business questions with data
- Use well-defined requirements to build a solution that enables effective, data-driven business decisions. Deliver end product on schedule
- Create and populate data structures using one or more schema definition languages (e.g. DDL, SDL, XSD, RDF)
- Write secure, stable, testable, and maintainable code with minimal defects, and automate manual processes where possible
- Use one or more industry analytics visualization tools (e.g. Excel, Tableau, QuickSight, MicroStrategy, PowerBI) and, as needed, statistical methods (e.g. t-test, Chi-squared) to deliver actionable insights to stakeholders
- Invent, refine, and develop BI solutions to ensure they meet the needs of the business and team goals
- Troubleshoot data, analyses, and code, research root causes, propose solutions, and take ownership in next steps for their resolutions
- Currently enrolled in or will receive a Bachelor’s Degree in statistics, computer science, computer engineering, information management/systems, business analytics or other equivalent technical discipline with an expected conferral date between September 2022 – August 2024
- Experience with data querying or modeling with SQL
- Experience with building and maintain basic data artifacts (e.g. ETL, data models, queries)
- Experience with one or more industry analytics visualization tools (e.g. Excel, Tableau, QuickSight, MicroStrategy, PowerBI) and statistical methods (e.g. t-test, Chi-squared)
- Enrolled in a Master’s Degree or advanced technical degree
- Previous technical internship(s), if applicable
- Experience with scripting language (e.g., Python, Java, or R)
- Knowledge of data modeling and data pipeline design
- Experience with relational and star schema data modeling concepts
- Application of basic statistical methods (e.g., regression) for difficult business problems
- Knowledge of how to improve code quality and optimizes BI processes (e.g., speed, cost, reliability)
- Ability to deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills and data presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The pay for this position in Colorado is $6,552/month. Fulltime interns working longer than 90 days will be eligible for access to a medical benefit, and can enroll in a 401k on Day 1 if age 18. Interns will also have access to paid time off. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
Company – Amazon.com Services LLC
Job ID: A1628669
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.