About the job
Note: By applying to this position, your application will be considered for all locations we hire for in the United States including but not limited to: Seattle/Bellevue, WA; DC Metro Area; Nashville, TN; Austin, TX; Greater Bay Area, CA; Detroit, MI; Greater Boston Area, MA; Greater Los Angeles Area, CA; Irvine, CA; Greater New York Area; Irvine, CA; Madison, WI; Minneapolis, MN; Phoenix, AZ; Portland, OR; San Diego, CA.
Are you interested in building and developing innovative and unique network technology solutions to solve business and customer problems? Do you want to be a part of a fast-paced organization and contribute to one of the most visited sites on the Internet?
If this describes you, consider joining us as an intern in the summer of 2022. Amazon is looking for a network development engineer intern to join one of our many lines of business. Amazon interns have the opportunity to work alongside the industry’s brightest engineers who innovate every day on behalf of our customers. You will be matched to a manager and a mentor. You will have the opportunity to impact the evolution of Amazon technology as well as lead mission-critical projects early in your career. Your work will contribute to solving some of the most complex technical challenges in the company.
In addition to working on an impactful project, you will have the opportunity to engage with Amazonians for both personal and professional development, expand your network, and participate in fun activities with other interns throughout the summer. No matter the location of your internship, we give you the tools to own your summer and learn in a real world setting.
Come chart your own path at Amazon.
Amazon internships are full-time (40 hours/week) for 12 consecutive weeks with start dates in May – July 2022. Applicants should have at a minimum one quarter/semester remaining after their internship concludes.
As a network development engineer intern, you will/may:
- Invent, design, and build network, systems, and processes that are stable and performant
- Develop changes to network configurations to support new business requests
- Work on network automation projects to help launch and manage networks at scale
- Participate in design reviews, operational reviews, architecture discussions, and team planning
- Work to resolve root cause of complex problems, leaving networks and systems better and easier to maintain than when you found them
- Currently working towards a Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, network engineering, or other technical disciplines with an expected conferral date between September 2022 – August 2024
- Knowledge of one or more scripting languages (e.g., Perl, Python, Ruby, shell scripting) and automating tasks
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals such as troubleshooting basics (e.g., ping, traceroute, curl, netstat) and routing protocols (e.g., BGP, OSPF, MPLS, ISIS, TCP/IP)
- Experience with data center networks, internet routing, and/or network operating systems
- Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language (e.g., Python, Java, Scala, C++, or C#)
- Computer Science fundamentals in OO design, functional programming, data structure, and algorithm design
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $8,557/month. Fulltime interns working longer than 90 days will be eligible for access to a medical benefit, and can enroll in a 401k on Day 1 if age 18. Interns will also have access to paid time off. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
Company – Amazon.com Services LLC
Job ID: A1839464
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.