This position is a Hybrid position if within a commutable distance in San Antonio, TX, Plano, TX, Phoenix, AZ, Colorado Springs, CO, Tampa, FL, or Charlotte, NC offices. Remote Opportunity is available for those not located within a commutable distance.
Analyzes sophisticated business problems and issues using data from internal and external sources to provide insight to analysts and decision makers. Identifies and interprets trends and patterns in datasets to locate influences. Crafts specifications for reports and analysis based on business needs and required or available data elements. May participate in consultation to users and lead multi-functional teams to address business issues. Prototypes solutions for displaying information based on business needs.
- Leads and participates in gathering complex and often unique business requirements by partnering with customers to define the business problem and data needs.
- Applies a sophisticated understanding of multiple data structures and sources to own the development and implementation of business intelligence solutions, which may include data visualization, data transformation, or data collection.
- Strategically partners and works with IT execution teams on the development of analytic infrastructures, data engineering, or related business intelligence efforts. Includes collaborating on the design and implementation of technical standards and governance practices.
- Applies data visualization standard methodologies – often selecting the right data ‘tool for the job’ to identify and interpret trends or patterns while following standard Enterprise branding.
- Understands the value of prototyping, usability, and the end-user experience to improve the impact of the final data visualization product (dashboard, report, insight, or analysis).
- Acts as a trusted data visualization advisor to the partner/end-user to drive business value. Provides system thinking to influence relevant data, information, and application architecture decisions.
- 6 years of data & analytics experience OR a minimum of 4 years of data & analytics experience and up to 2 years of progressive functional business relevant experience within the respective industry of responsibility (i.e. P&C, Bank, Finance, Marketing etc.) for a total of 6 years combined experience
- Advanced degree in quantitative analytics field such as Economics, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences, Operations Research, Data and/or Business Analysis, Data Science or other quantitative field and 4 years of experience in data/analytics or functional business experience within the respective industry of responsibility (i.e. P&C, Bank, Finance, Marketing, etc.)
- Demonstrable experience in the identification of innovative ways to address moderately complex business problems and solutions.
- Advanced experience developing business deliverables that leverage business intelligence platforms, data management platforms, or SQL-based languages (Tableau, Business Objects, Snowflake, Hadoop, Netezza, NoSQL, ANSI SQL, or related).
- Validated, expert ability to demonstrate or build business knowledge through meaningful partnerships at the individual contributor, leadership, and EMG levels.
- Demonstrated expert-level communication skills with the ability to deliver presentations to all levels of management.
To apply for this job please visit www.usaajobs.com.